been feeling kind of paranoid lately
Take that time by yourself to get to know yourself and rediscover what makes you shine. Don’t surrender yourself to waiting, and don’t stay isolated for too long, because there’s a beautiful you the world is dying to meet.
comics that end sadly but wind up being replied to with love are what I live for
Why must father tear up the advertisement his children have made and throw it in the fire?! Why won’t he mend their kite?! Why have you made him unspeakably awful? Why can’t he—they—live well?
Prince Charming’s come in all shapes and sizes <3
Post-it Notes Left on the Train
Writer and illustrator October Jones, the creative genius behind Text From Dog and these funny train commute doodles, is at it again with these hilarious motivational post-it notes that he leaves on the train and in other random places.The upbeat doodles, which star Jones’ adorable character Peppy the Inspirational Cat, convey positive and funny messages meant to motivate daily commuters. Whether you’re feeling the Monday blues or in need of some encouragement, Jones’ delightful post-it notes are sure to brighten your day and remind you just how awesome you are.
THE ENTIRE SCHOOL WOULD HATE YOU
JINGLE JINGLE, MUTHERFUCKER.
It’s almost as bad as mum season.
What the fuck is a mum?
OH MY GOD. IS IT REALLY A TEXAS ONLY THING?!
For Homecoming, students make these THINGS from HELL that have excess amounts of ribbons and bells and they wear them all the time. They are usually placed on prize winning livestock, but somehow they made their way into schools. They have huge mums at the top, and they just get bigger and bigger each year. Sometimes they are completely covered in them. One day the students are just going to morph into one.
You knew when the season was coming because you could hear a horrifying jingle in the distance while you sleep.
They cost hundreds of dollars to make, or buy pre-made for the bigger ones. The bigger the better, and the more souls you sacrificed to get it.
What the fuck, Texas?
You don’t understand: homecoming is serious business here.
Also… is this REALLY a Texas only thing?
1. What the hell is your definition of a mum all I can see is these kids carrying their mothers around on their backs 24/7
2. I thought Homecoming was like a big dance at the end of the year, like Prom?? Why is there livestock at homecoming??? I dont understand???????
*baffled australian noises*
*confused tea-sipping English noises*
*disapproving New Yorker noises*
1. They’re called ‘mums’ because the false flower in the center where all the ribbons and stuff drape off of is a chrysanthemum. The name just got shortened all the time. Most of us know mum also means mom, but dual meanings.
2. Homecoming is a dance during fall to welcome back alumni and returning students to their schools, along with a parade and other things. Because it’s Texas, livestock probably got involved as part of the festivities. However, I can’t find much information that supports mums came off of livestock. In reality, it seems Mums grew from a tradition of giving your homecoming date a chrysanthemum when you asked them out, as sort of a corsage for them to wear. And they eventually grew and exploded into what they are now, as competition of whose is bigger and better.
So “Blurred Lines”… Great song, awful lyrics, right?
Well, Weird Al Yankovic fixed that for us.
Also, some grammar-nazi and kinetic typography porn for your thorough enjoyment.
Seriously, this made most of my upcoming days :)
He was interviewed on the radio today and I was so happy to hear that he did this.
This is my favorite thing right now! :D
What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
Twelve’s first words upon awaking in “Listen” were the Fourth Doctor’s first words after regenerating.
once upon a time, i was in an honors english class as a sophomore in high school, and we covered the great gatsby
and once a day, every day, one young man would say, in the exact same inquisitive tone of wonder,
"wait a minute! is nick gay for gatsby?"
until finally, one day, our teacher shouted, “YES NICK IS GAY FOR GATSBY BUT I CAN’T TEACH YOU THAT BECAUSE THIS IS A CATHOLIC SCHOOL.”
Disney Heroines and lines from “Let It Go”